Businesses & Volunteers
New this year! We are hosting TWO Expo events:
EAST @ Hampden-Sydney College (Farmville)- Sept. 21 & 22 (8:00am- 2:30pm)Attended by the middle and high schools in Buckingham, Brunswick, Cumberland, Charlotte, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, Nottoway, and Prince Edward counties
WEST @ the Olde Dominion Agricultural Complex (Chatham)- Sept. 28 & 29 (8:00am - 2:30pm)Attended by the middle and high schools in Danville and Martinsville, and Halifax, Henry, Patrick, and Pittsylvania counties
*The first student group arrives at 8:50am and the last departs at 2:30pm each day. All activity-providers and volunteers are provided a light breakfast and lunch.
Here are ways you and/or your organization can get involved:
1. Submit a Young Professional Profile (or encourage a young professional you know to submit a profile) for the Career ChoICE website & potential inclusion in the Career ChoICE booklet.
2. Sponsor - your sponsorship will support both Career ChoICE AND AspHIRE. As such, your sponsorship level includes benefits through both programs- increasing your organizations’ visibility both through the number of student participants AND the number of events.
3. Organize & Facilitate a Hands-On Activity (Business Participants) (links to the Activity Form; You can preview the form HERE)- the activities provided by our business and organizational participants are what make the Expo! Come introduce students to your company and give them a snapshot of what it's like to work in your field. (Roughly 6,200 students participate in the Career ChoICE Youth Expo each year!)
4. Volunteer - we need volunteers to assist with welcoming students, passing out backpacks, helping groups through the Expo, and ensuring things run smoothly.
5. Share your Career ChoICE story with someone in your network and encourage them to join you in participating.
New to Career ChoICE? Check out this video from our 2019 event to see what all the excitement is about!
We are extremely fortunate to have amazing businesses, education partners, and individuals who share our vision for early and consistent workforce pipeline activities for students. We cannot thank you enough for your support of our regional students.
Should you have any questions about this year’s Career ChoICE program, please don’t hesitate to contact Jessie Vernon (firstname.lastname@example.org).